Friday, August 7, 2009

Nature Lovers Must Die....!!

Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but honestly I was depressed yesterday while up in Yosemite National Park. I was up for the day guiding a trip, which makes me one of those nature lovers, and the only sights I could see were the MASSIVE crowds and the traffic back-ups thicker than the 405 in LA at 5 o'clock.

Lines, cars, hummers and fuel exhaust surrounded me like a band of ragtag Taliban forces high in the Hindu-Kush mountain range! I was consumed and could only resign myself to moving slowly with the packs of people trying to get up a trail or two.

I revolted and screamed! " c'mon lets get out of here, follow me and we'll scramble up the side of the hill to find a pristine patch of wild flowers and fresh air!!' The answer from one of my clients was 'hold on Steve, I need to wait in line for my nacho/bean salad , then I can go...'

WTF? at least get my name right buddy!

I do hope the idea of making vehicles prohibited in the park will come to fruition soon. She just cannot handle the ever increasing crowds coming to walk through her hills and meadows, whilst driving and parking in insanely with like they were on vacation or something!!

Until then, I guess I'll have to retreat further and further into the back country and make the Winter months my time for enjoying her; Yosemite.

A nature lover...




No comments: